Get out of your Comfort Zone and Achieve More
Comfort Zone Island is such a great place. We all love it there, don’t we? We feel comfortable and very safe on this island – no threats, no challenges, we make life what we want it to be and just relax. Comfort Zone Island.
When you do the same things day in and day out though, you get the same results, day in and day out.
Eventually we get bored with the routine; it’s a sure recipe for stagnation, no growth or rewards in your life, relationships and business.
So why get off Comfort Zone Island?
- All the exciting and awesome things actually happen outside of your comfort zone.
- You will be more productive through more drive and ambition;
- You will deal with unexpected or new events better through having experienced some uncertainty in a more controlled and managed environment;
- You will find it easier to push your boundaries a little further the more often you do it; and
- You will become more creative through all the new experiences and skills you have picked up outside Comfort Zone Island.
So here are a few suggestions to help you off Comfort Zone Island.
- Write down some new goals and be clear why they are important to you. Then take small steps toward achieving them; change doesn’t have to be a huge step.
- Change your everyday routine in some way…drive to work by a different route, brush your teeth using your other hand, put that left shoe on first instead of the right….just get used to doing something different every day.
- Take up a new hobby or interest that takes you out of your comfort zone. This doesn’t have to be a high-risk hobby or sport, just something a little different and a challenge to help you get over any fears or apprehension about the unknown.
- If you tend to make quick decisions, then try taking your time instead… slow down, observe and interpret so you understand and then intervene. Conversely if you usually take ages to decide on something, just make a snap decision for a change and learn to trust your judgement. This will teach you to manage the fallout either way.
The emotional and mental experience of trying something new will translate to an expanded vision for your life, your relationships, and your career or business. Your brain will grown new neural networks as you try new things and experience new feelings which will result in growing your ability to try new approaches, think new thoughts, and attempt new ways of doing things in all areas of life.
So hop off Comfort Zone Island and share with me the awesome things you have achieved.